There are a number of drawing materials that i use to create that ‘extra’ realism and depth in my drawings so that they literally ‘pop out’ of my page.
Here is a comprehensive, but not exhaustive, list of my drawing materials!
1) Drawing papers : The drawing papers i use is Fabriano pastel paper
2) Pencils : I use Staedtler and Faber castell drawing pencils from HB to 8B also a mechanical pencil for detailing and also charcoal pencils
3) Erasers : I use Staedtler and Derwent rubber and kneaded erasers
4) Normal paper blenders (Not of any specific brand) for blending different values.
5) Graphite crayons to fill out extensive areas wherever applicable.
6) Soft pastels
I use soft pastels for covering large areas if required and also for giving the drawing that extra tinge! Although the image shows even gray pastels, i use only the extreme black and extreme white ones!
Upto this point this is graphite/charcoal art.
I also do colored pieces for them i use
7) Soft pastels
The soft pastels i use are Mungyo, Derwent or CretaColor.
8) Pastel pencils
The pastel pencils are used for finer details. I use Cretacolor and Derwent.
9) Surgeons mask
This is to protect myself from the dust created from soft pastels.
So this concludes the comprehensive drawing materials lists that i use. Not shown here but some other materials i use are cutters, rulers, lamps, tables, pins, charcoal holders and art boxes.